Monday, March 27, 2006

My DAMN chair!

Aw MAAAAN! I just got word through a good Samaritan via e-mail that Boston Baby has mysteriously closed their doors. Not finding anything about the closure through the Globe. I called them on Friday and they were not answering their phone. Today they have a voicemail saying to contact customer service to leave a message. But there was no answer and no voicemail on that number either.

My credit card company is refunding my deposit to me. They'll charge me again of Boston Baby can prove that they delivered the cushions to myself. But now I'm probably 12-14 weeks out from getting new pillows for my chair. I'm 14 days away from my due date. This totally sucks. I'm going to have to buy a whole new glider if I want to use it for my new baby. I sent an e-mail to Dutailier to see if there's anything they can do about it, but I doubt it. They don't deal with consumers, only resellers who must wait 12-14 weeks for their products (or in my case 14-16).

A new chair is over $500. But it's so much easier to nurse in a glider than on a regular chair. Especially when they're so tiny... The back support is key.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Oh man, that stinks! I am friends with the daughter of the folks who own Norm's Discount in Fitchburg. I know they carry the gliders...maybe if you call they can help you out?
http://www.normsbaby.com/furniture/

Good luck!!! I know how much I loved my glider!

Jody, mom to a now 8 year old. How did that happen?

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home