Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Looks like ARTHROSCOPY!

So, I saw the chief Orthopedics at Cambridge Hospital yesterday morning. He was only an hour and a half late. I've seen worse. He looked at my MRI and said my kneecap did look a little high. I said, it hadn't been smoking anything unusual lately and he looked at me strangely. He wants to scope my knee. In non surgical terms, that means he'd like cut holes in my leg so he can look at my the inside of my knee with a small camera and various pointy surgical intstruments. I thought he should at least take me out to dinner first. Again, with the strange looks.

So I scheduled it for 5/6. He said it's outpatient surgery and that I'd walk out of there. Some people are on crutches for a couple of days, but it's really not a big deal. Knowing my luck, they'll have to roll me out in a large barrel that's had pickles soaking in it for the last 10 years.

I may need major surgery, but I think I'd rather suffer in pain for a few more years than suffer in LOTS of pain for a few months. I'll know a lot more after the scope next week. I've been avoiding this since 1998. So, I think I'd better get this taken care of before it gets any worse.

In other news, we got an offer on the condo. And before you go applauding this and being all happy for us, DON'T. It was a BAD offer. 40k under asking price, if you can believe that? It was pretty ballsey. So, we countered them up 30k, but I'm not holding my breath. Hear that? Big sighs over here. LOTS of breathing going on. I know this low ball strategy works in some cases, but neither Rich nor I are anywhere near desperate. Rich's credit problems have been deleted from his report, so we can get a loan if we need to. We don't even have a contractor yet, so it's a bit less of an issue than it was a few weeks ago. We're waiting on 3 bids. If none of them are reasonable, we'll just do some minor repairs and wait.

I can live with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home